Friday, February 10, 2012

Racquet Review: 2012 Wilson BLX Six.One Team

    
     I just got to try the new 2012 Wilson BLX Six.One Team racquet at my local racquet club. In no way is it a racquet that I would consider switching to from the BLX Six.One Tour I'm using right now. Its a comparably large racquet head size compared to the Tour, with a 95 sq. in. and to me that is a little too much. I was hitting the sweet spot almost every time, but it produced a little too much power for me, spraying shots wide occasionally. The other noticable difference that I just didn't like at all was the weight: 10.7 ounces. I really like the plow through that the 12.5 ounce weight of the Tour provides, and the new Team just doesn't have that.

Groundstrokes: 67- the weight and head size just made it a very unreliable racquet. My forehands were fine, but my backhand, which occasionally has problems anyway, was worse when I used it. The low weight really made me have to swing much faster than I ever have to get the power and spin I was looking for.

Serve: 69- My serves were placed with some pretty good accuracy, but the power and spin I look for was slightly lacking. Its due again to the low weight and no plow through.

Volley: 70- Stable as a rock and I placed them well. Definitely the most pleasurable part of this racquet.

Serve Return: 64- With the low weight, I was able to manuveur it well enough, but the down side of that is I really needed to swing to get it deep in the court, which I just wasn't able to do with the Team

OVERALL: 67

     One of the upsides of this racquet, along with all of the updated Six.One's is their new paint jobs. Seriously, I don't think that Wilson will be able to make a better paint job than what they've come up with now. I've been playing for six years, and they are the best looking racquets that I've played with (apart from all the racquets that Babolat has made. They just make a very sporty racquet that effortlessly looks cool).

I'll be reviewing another new Wilson next week, the 2012 Wilson Pro Staff Six.One 95 BLX. Now that's a racquet that I'm thinking of buying, its that nice.

SPECS:

Head Size:
95 sq. in. / 612.9 sq. cm.
Length: 27in / 68.58cm
Strung Weight: 10.7oz / 303.34g
Balance: 1 pts HL
Swingweight: 318
Stiffness: 63
Beam Width: 21mm / 21mm / 21mm /
Composition: Karophite Black / Basalt
Power Level: Low-Medium
Stroke Style: Medium-Full
Swing Speed: Medium-Fast
Racquet Colors:
Red / White / Black
Grip Type: Performance Hybrid
String Pattern:
16 Mains / 18 Crosses
Mains skip: 7T, 9T, 7H, 9H
One Piece
Shared holes: None
String Tension: 50-60 pounds






No comments:

Post a Comment